CodeCanyon Essential Grid WordPress Plugin 7563340
Plugin \ Galleries
Custom \ Option \ Editor \ Content \ Version \ Settings \ Plugin \ Essential
Plugin - Essential Grid WordPress Plugin 7563340 by themepunch @ CodeCanyon
Plugin \ Galleries
Envato Approves! Essential Grid WordPress Plugin
The all-purpose grid building solution! Essential Grid is a premium plugin for WordPress that allows you to display various content formats in a highly customizable grid. Possible applications range from portfolios, blogs, galleries, WooCommerce shops, price tables, services, product sliders, testimonials and anything else you can imagine.
- Version 2.0.1 Artemis Release Date 24.12.2014
- Wordpress 4.0 Ready
- jQuery 1.7.x – jQuery 1.10.x and jQuery 2.+ Compatible
- Super Easy to use for Beginners
- All-Purpose Usage
- Boxed, Full-Width, Full-Screen Layouts
- Adjustable Rows/Columns/Spacings
- Images, Youtube & Vimeo Video, HTML5 Self-Hosted Video, iFrame Content
- Content Sources: Post, Custom Post, Pages, WooCommerce, Gallery
- Various Animation Types & Preloaders
- 25+ Example Skins Included
- Responsive & Mobile Optimized
- Visual Skin Editor: Build and Customize own Skins easily
- Easily Import / Export Skins
- Include Custom Skins with Plugin Install, One-Click Installer
- Custom Metas: Additional Options for Posts
- Custom Post Based Skin Modifications: Special rules for Posts
- Extensive Documentation & Tutorial Videos
- Customizable Transition Speed (Individual / Global) If you want to use the Essential Grid Plugin in your Theme on ThemeForest please purchase
1 extended license for each theme (as long as there is no Developer License available) you put on the marketplace! If you have questions about this agreement please contact us: here
Free Plugin to Check your installed ThemePunch Plugins for Update Status
we just put together a Tool/Plugin which helps you to identify if any action, like an urgent update need to be done. If you are not sure, or if you wish to have a tool installed which checks daily the status of your installed ThemePunch plugins, please download and install the “Punch-Guider” DOWNLOAD HERE .
This tool allows you to dynamically check the installed ThemePunch Plugins in your WordPress installation. If one of your plugin needs an update, recommended or critical, it will inform you about this fact. It does not update your plugins, but it helps you to keep an eye on the plugin status and informs you if there is any action that you need to take.
Version 2.0.1 Artemis (24th December 2014)
- Added newsletter subscribtion box to get latest informations from ThemePunch
- Added option to set start filtering. Grids will only show elements of selected filter at the initial loading
- Added filter essgrid_query_caching to disable caching fully (set return value to false)
- Added support for Social Gallery WordPress Photo Viewer Plugin (Min. required Version: 4.0). Can be enabled in the Global Settings of Essential Grid
- Added transparency number format fix where the transparency could have a value like 0,5 instead of 0.5
- Fixed a bug where the inline search would not work correctly
- Fixed a bug where custom meta images could not be modified in the Grid Preview correctly
Version 2.0 Artemis (12th December 2014)
- Added option to set an specific Item Skin for each item in the Grid
- Added new Search Functionality
- Global Search is now available, can be set on either any element by classes/ids or by adding elements with ShortCodes
- New Navigation Element called Search, which allows to search withing the Grid Elements
- Added new Blank HTML element in Item Skin Editor. Paste HTML in here that will not be styles by Essential Grid
- Item Skin Editor has now the option to choose wether to use styling on a text/HTML element or not
- Added support for JackBox – Responsive Lightbox – WordPress Plugin (Min. required Version: 2.2). Can be enabled in the Global Settings of Essential Grid
- Added option to remove styling from text/HTML layers through the Item Skin Editor
- Added menu order for the start sorting
- Added post_url to available meta in Item Skin Editor
- Ajax can now also be selected in Layout Composition at Link/SEO
- Last Modified Date added to Grids
- Grids can now be set as favorite for a better user experience
- Grids can now be sorted by Last Modified Date and by favorites
- Adding now http:// or https:// to URL’s if Link To URL is choosen and http/https is missing
- Changed filter essgrid_get_posts and added the current post ID as second argument
- Improved overall speed
- Order By None will now properly order by the given Post order
- Added slug of Category/Tag in Grid Settings to the list since a different Category/Tag can have the same Name but not the same slug
- Added fallback to images that can not get cropped. Original image will then be shown
- Fixed Tag List, now working correctly with “On Click” setting in Item Skin Editor
- Ajax Content Pre and Post Container now encodes HTML correctly
Version 1.5.4 (21th November 2014)
- Added cobbles pattern option
- Added option to add additional images to the lightbox: WooCommerce Gallery, Content Images and Content Gallery Images
- Added option to change between WP_Query() and get_posts() in Global Settings
- Changed table structure of the grids table for custom grid improvements
- Updated PunchFonts to version 1.0.1 and added ability to use useso.com for google related fonts through filter
- Filter dropdown & list can not be correctly mixed
- Fixed a bug where pages where not correctly shown in grids
- Fixed a bug which may not transfer Custom Skin Rules to the items
Version 1.5.3 (14th November 2014)
- Speeded up site loading
- Order By and Order Direction will now be also working using the posts=”” attribute in Essential Grid shortcodes
- Fixed Hide Markup on Load bug
- Fixed Lazy Loading bug when Videos were added in Grid
- Fixed Filtering issues on Frontend
- Fixed first Animation on elements
- Fixed Grid Initialisation with Video Items in Grid
- Fixed a bug with multiselect not beeing saved correct
- Fixed a bug where pages may not be found correctly
- Fixed a bug where number comments for example would not be shown if they were 0
- Fixed a bug where in custom grids the lightbox image would not be original size
Version 1.5.2 (30th October 2014)
- Added option for multiple filtering, to set the relation to OR or AND
- Added new button in preview to directly go to post/page edit
- Added Close Button and Navigation Button for AJAX Loaded Content
- Improved Lazy Loading and Preloading functions
- Improved first Animation experiences
- Fixed badly positioned Even Images in Grid if Lazy Loading was enabled
- Fixed Cobbles Layout 3×2 and 2×3 Cell
- Fixed Lazy Loading issues, and implemented Lazy Loading experiences
- Fixed AJAX Scroll Issues
- Fixed AJAX Close Button
- Fixed AJAX Content Height Animation issues
- Removed double link if link is set on cover
- Added new action to delete cache if needed after a post gets created through mobile devices
- Fixed a bug where the shortcode gets inserted two times automatically through the Quick Grid Creator
- Fixed a bug with Visual Composer that the alias is not written
Version 1.5.1 (17th October 2014)
- Replaced demo images with different placeholders to reduce plugin size from ~2MB to less than 1MB
- Activating the plugin a second time will now no longer add default fonts again
- fixed a bug in Custom Grids where filter would only show the text list / dropdown
- Fixed a bug where Custom Grids that are random sorted will not properly work with Load More set to Infinity Load
Version 1.5.0 (15th October 2014)
- Added Ajax Content Loading on user interaction
- Avaliable Contents to load: Post Content, Vimeo, YouTube, HTML5, SoundCLoud, Images like Featured Alternate and First Content
- In combination with the latest Slider Revolution version, a Slider can also be loaded through ajax
- The container that receives the content can be set to bottom, top or also be inserted as an ShortCode anywhere on the page.
- An Ajax Callback can be set on the ajax request
- A CSS file can be loaded on the ajax request
- Custom CSS can be inserted for the Ajax Container
- Pre and Post content can be set as a wrapper to the container (HTML possible)
- Navigation Layout improvements for Post Grids.
- Unlimited Filter panels can now be added
- Filters can now also have meta values set. Available Metas can be selected from the List
- All Layout elements can also be dragged into the external tab. This will enable the usage of ShortCodes for the element to set it anywhere on the page
- New option to create Meta References.
- This is used to reference to an existing meta key outside of Ess. Grid
- This is only needed to be able to sort Grids by some custom meta value
- For sorting reasons, the Ess. Grid metas now have the option to be alphabetic or numeric (This is just for the sorting – alphabetic will sort: 1, 10, 12, 2 – numeric will sort: 1, 2, 10, 12)
- Advanced and Simple Rules Editor Added in Item Skin Editor for ELement Visibility
- Build complex show/hide rules for Layers in a easy to use editor
- Hide/Show Layers depending on Meta Setting available through the Advanced Rules editor
- Hide under Height option in Item Skin Editor added for Layers
- Hide under Height/Width option to select to either use display or visibility
- Option to change the Load More text added
- Option to show/hide the number of items that can be loaded at Load More
- Option to scroll to top, if pagination has been clicked, added
- Right To Left (RTL) option now available in Grid Settings
- Sorting By Meta values added
- Advanced Shortcode Creator now also available through Visual Composer
- Added “Edit Active Skin” button into Grid Overview for faster editing of Item Skins
- Improved item limits in Custom Grids with additional warnings and other tweaks
- Added “always visible” as option to Layers animation for further clarifications how to set up that an Layer will always be visible
- Further adjustments for multisite installations
- Updated english .mo/.po language files
- Changed “No More Item for Selected Filter” to “No More Items for the Selected Filter”
- Forcing now color picker styles to be loaded by the plugin on WordPress post/page editor
- Removed the class additions for “a” tags if the source of the element is Text/HTML
- jQuery UI 1.11.1 will be used for Skin end Grid Editor to avoid Drag and Drop failures
- iOS8 blurry images and content fix added
- Fixed a bug with WPML and Custom Post Types where categories will not be listed correctly
- Fixed a bug where custom shortcodes may brake if alias and related/latest/popular is choosen
- Fixed a bug where custom grids could not be saved if the choosen skin had no elements inside of it
- Fixed a bug with WPML and the integrated caching
- Fixed a bug with random sorting and the integrated caching
- Fixed a bug where cobbles sizing may be lost for a post if it is used in more than one grid
- Fixed a bug where Grid import may not work correctly
- Fixed a bug where categories from custom post type would not be linked correctly
- Fixed a bug where the loader/spinner was behind the container if it has an own color (on iPhone i.e.)
- WPML in combination with cache now working properly
- Further cache improvements at Post publishing
- MultiSite compatiblitly improved on many ways
- Video without Image Cover can now be edited properly in the Preview Grid
- Order by Random now working properly in combination with caching
- Import/Export quick selection of all, fixed for custom meta and fonts
- Visual Composer compatibility fix for Frondend Editor
- Drafts/Unpublished Posts are now excluded from the output
- Masonry hover content can now be set to push the content to not fall under the footer and be invisible for example
- Fixed Rotate Scale animations
- RotateScale animation fixed
- On import the date will now only be added to the imports if append is chosen and the element exists
- Links on Cover not covering the whole Item fixed
- Video Playback only shows a black box fixed for iOS 7.1
- Fixed a bug where the full cover was not written if there were no elements added to the center dropzone of the Item Skin
- Change load_plugin_textdomain() to point to the correct folder
- Custom Grids can now be saved while using an Item Skin that has no content elements in it
- Custom Grids can now use filter as dropdown
Version 1.2.0 (25th August 2014)
- Added an advanced shortcode creator inside of posts and pages.
- Create only with a few Quick ready to use Grids out of your Post, Page
- Create grid based on Popular Posts, Recent Posts, Related Posts within 3 Clicks
- Added the possibility to create Grids based on Search results
- Added option to give each grid a unique ID through the Grid Settings
- Added option to create grid based on gallery shortcode like: ess_grid alias=”your-alias”[/ess_grid]
- Improved Speed
- Added cache system to improve overall speed. Can be enabled through the Global Settings
- Added Query Caching, which will aute Cache Queries and recreate them if Posts, Grids or any other part of the Grid has been changed.
- Added filter essgrid_set_cpt to disable Custom Post Type Ess. Grid Posts
- New Media Sources: First Content Vimeo, YouTube, HTML5 and Soundcloud
- Added option to choose default image if the post meets no criteria for a cover image
- Changed the code so that random sorting does work with Custom Grids
- Changed the Main Animation Engine.
- Fixed an issue that made some backends slowing down
- Fixed an hover css issue where only the the css of the last element got written to document
- Fixed a bug where Filter would not be shown correctly in certain settings
- Fixed DropDown Issues on Mobile Devices
Version 1.1.0 (5th July 2014)
- Added Drop Down Layout for filtering of categories and tags to frontend
- Sort with Drag&Drop the order of filters
- Show / Hide filters one by one.
- Categories and subcategories can be selected in mixed mode also
- HTML5 audio can now be added like HTML5 videos. The mp4 field will now be shared with audio
- Spinner can now be disabled for each Grid
- Option in Grid Settings added to load only a certain amount of entries
- Option in Global Settings added to choose wether or not hammer.js should be loaded
- New developer option to disable the hammer.js on installation
- New developer option to disable all notifications and the activation area. More information at http://www.themepunch.com/home/plugins/set-essential-grid-as-theme/
- Added Tabs in Metas for better usability in Posts and Pages
- Added pagination for the Grids Overview page
- Added alt tag in images, using the alt text from wordpress image settings
- Removed placeholder in “Purchase code” to prevent confusions
- Renamed Aq_Resize script for preventing conflicts with other themes/plugins that modified the script
- Updated GreenSock Engine to 12.1
- Protected Mode for GreenSock for ThemePunch Plugins added. No more conflict between any other plugins / themes and ThemePunch Tools
- Lag Smoothing Enabled
- Available Layers inserting into an Item Skin now checks correctly the hover checkbox if it was set on the Layer.
- Fixed a bug where the combination of Post & Pages did not work correctly.
Version 1.0.8 (12th June 2014)
- Code Snippet change for VC Tabs
- Punch Fonts compatibility with Slider Revolution
- Fix for: show tag list.
- Fix for: Custom Meta in Custom Grid not working properly.
- Fix for: Custom Meta images not selectable/removeable.
- Fix for: Custom Grid sometimes showing no elements in FrontEnd.
Version 1.0.7 (21th May 2014)
- Added new metas to use inside of meta field for posts
- Post ID can now be retrieved in Skins through Item Skin Editor
- Added Link Target in Item Skin Editor for Layer Settings and Layout Composition under Link/SEO tab
- Added check if hammer.js is already included
- Updated the included documentation
- Fix for LightBox gallery not working if Filters are not present in the navigation
- Fix for widgets not working
- Fix for WPML in combination with Pages
- Fix for filter not working in some languages
- Fix for Custom Grid – Custom Metas not working properly
- Fix for Custom Grid were accent characters could be broken in frontend
- Fix for Custom Grid were Grid will not be shown on frontend
- Post excerpt will now be stripped of all tags again (was in wrong 1.0.5 again)
Version 1.0.5 (2nd Mai 2014)
- Added possibility to use an array syntax in the additional parameters that were introduced in 1.0.4
- Fix for the output of the category list of custom taxonomies
- Fix for Custom Grids lightbox
Version 1.0.4 (29th April 2014)
- Added possibility to insert additional parameters to wp_query through the Grid Settings under Source
- Post excerpt will now be stripped of all tags
- Custom Grid fix where elements got duplicated by clicking on Refresh Preview
Version 1.0.3 (28th April 2014)
- Added new Link/SEO tab in Item Skin Editor under Layout Composition: Set links on the whole media or cover area!
- LightBox will now always show the original image, even if thumbnail sizes are choosen as source under “set image source type”
- Custom Metas are correctly replaced now with values set in posts
- Cobbles will now show the right ratios in frontend
Version 1.0.2 (25th April 2014)
- “Set Image Source Type” now lists also custom created image thumbnail sizes
- Drag & Drop fix in Item Skin Editor for Elements with force !important
- Font Family Fix with missing stripslashes, resulting in Font Family like ”Open Sans”
- Element order fix in Item Skin Editor if mor then ten Elements existed in the same dropzone
- Shadow not saving correctly in Item Skin Editor fixed
- Fix for some installations where the WordPress Media Libary could not be opened within our plugin
- Small adjustment in grids on Custom Grid selected with Custom Metas where the grid could break
- Small adjustment in Grid Create Editor that categories are not empty on first visit
- Updated link to online documentation
Version 1.0.1 (23th April 2014)
- Added settings in cobbles for Posts/Entries to be up to three entries in width and height
- Added multiple selection of images in custom grid
- Grid preview will now be refreshed in Custom Grid after changing settings of an Entry
- Fixed a behavior where creating a new grid may break the preview
Welcome to a quick presentation of ThemePunch’s latest product ?Essential Grid“
- Essential Grid“ is an all-purpose grid building solution for WordPress that allows you to display different kinds of content in a highly customizable grid.
Possible applications range from portfolios, blogs, galleries, services, product sliders, testimonials and anything else you can imagine.
With it’s various supported media types like images, youtube & vimeo videos, html5 self- hosted videos and even iframe content, ?Essential Grid“ will breathe life into your WordPress site!
Getting started with Essential Grid is incredibly easy!
Lets take a look at the fastest way to create a grid.
First you have to decide which source you would like to use for your grid entries.
Your grid can consist of WordPress blog posts, custom posts, WooCommerce products or a regular image gallery. You may also fine tune your selection by specifiying categories or tags.
Then, customize the grid to your liking by selecting a boxed, full-width or fullscreen layout, adjusting the displayed number of columns and rows and setting item spacings.
Navigation can easily be added to your grid using our drag & drop system.
In the next step, you can select one of over 25 skins included with the plugin to determine the look of individual grid items.
Your finished grid can be added to any area of your wordpress site using a simple shortcode. Yes, it’s that easy!
But thats not all!
- Essential Grid“ also comes with a full-blown, visual skin editor which allows you create any number of additional skins! You can build skins either from scratch or based upon one of our included skins.
With the skin editor you can style elements in a ?what you see is what you get“ environment. It’s even possible to add various animations to any element and take a look at the results right away!
Amongst the more advanced features of ?Essential Grid“ is the ability to generate custom metas. A custom meta is essentially another option added to a WordPress post, containing for example, an additional text or image. In that way, you will not be limited to the standard content of a post!
One revolutionary aspect of ?Essential Grid“ is a feature we call ?Custom Post Based Skin Modifications“. With this neat little trick you can add special rules to change a skin elements style for specific posts only. An example for this would be highlighting a certain post in your grid by giving it a colored border.
Our goal at ThemePunch is to create products with unparalleled customization possibilities and great usability at the same time. ?Essential Grid“ makes no exception and we put a lot of thought into how to to make it accessible for beginners and still offer all the bells and whistles for the experts!
The result is a plugin that allows the user to produce very quick results, yet at the same time is not limiting the ability to customize every aspect of the grid.
If you want to grasp the full potential of ?Essential Grid“ make sure to check out all the examples on our demo page.
As always, if you have any questions concerning our products, don’t hesitate to contact ThemePunch via Email, Facebook or Twitter!
Recommended Products by ThemePunch
Showbiz Pro Responsive Teaser WordPress Plugin; Showbiz Pro Responsive Teaser jQuery Plugin; Megafolio Pro Responsive Grid jQuery Plugin; Slider Revolution Responsive WordPress Plugin; Slider Revolution Responsive jQuery Plugin; Responsive KenBurner Slider jQuery Plugin; Megafolio Gallery jQuery Plugin.
Keywords: blog, filter, flexible, full-width, gallery, grid, image, lightbox, masonry, portfolio, responsive, skins, video, visual editor, woocommerce.