CodeCanyon Multisite Widget Mimic 8518977
Plugin \ Widgets
Widget \ Source \ Comments \ Widgets \ Example \ Selected \ Sidebar \ Content
Plugin - Multisite Widget Mimic 8518977 by eclarian @ CodeCanyon
Plugin \ Widgets
Multisite Widget Mimic This widget replicates other widget areas from any site in a WordPress Multisite!
This plugin is meant ONLY for WordPress Multisite installations!
Simply place the widget in the area you want it to appear and specify the blog you want to pull from, the widget area you want to mimic widgets from, and the specific widgets in that area.
This widget automagically pulls the content from the other site and displays it as desired.
See ‘Usage’ and ‘Screenshots’ below for more information and examples for how to use the widget.
Why use this widget? We actually decided to build this plugin for a large multisite project that aggregated posts and other data from a number of blogs. We had a requirement to implement a sidebar displaying this data across all sites that was editable/maintainable from a single point. The plugin proved to be a lifesaver for us in development, and even more so for our client.
The mimic widget provides three primary advantages to users.
- Ability to create complex sidebars once and easily replicate it among as many sub-sites as desired; no need to extend any theme files or WordPress files.
- Ability to choose to use data(posts, comments) from the source site or destination site on each replication.
- Easy to use interface
Usage To use the mimic widget, place it on the desired sidebar of the site you wish to copy the content to.
The widget has several settings.
- Use Source Blog’s Data(posts, comments, etc.): If this is selected, content data from the source blog will be used. For example, if a Recent Comments widget is copied, this option will tell the widget to display recent comments from the source blog.
- Use This Blog’s Data(posts, comments, etc.): If this is selected, content data from the blog the Mimic Widget is on will be used. For example, if a Recent Comments widget is copied, this option will tell the widget to display recent comments from the blog the Mimic Widget is on.
- Source Blog: The Mimic Widget will copy widgets from this blog.
- Source Sidebar Name: The Mimic Widget will copy widgets from this sidebar on the source blog.
- Widgets to Include: The Mimic Widget will copy all selected widgets. Use Ctrl/Cmd+Click or Shift+Click to select multiple widgets.
Screenshots Source Sidebar (Example): Mimic Widget – This Blog’s Data Selected (Example): Mimic Widget – Source Blog’s Data Selected (Example):
Last Update: 14 November 14; High Resolution: No; Compatible Browsers: IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome; Files Included: PHP; Software Version: WordPress 4.0, WordPress 3.9, WordPress 3.8, WordPress 3.7.
Lightning Cache + Redis; What's My IP Support Tool; Category Bundler; CardCheck Credit Card Validator and Type Guesser.
Keywords: Multisite, copy, duplicate, mimic, replicate, widget.