GraphicRiver Wood Frame for Prints Action Set 7031829
Script & Plugin \ Add-on \ Photoshop \ Actions
Action \ Actions \ Photoshop \ Images \ Optically \ Inches \ Select \ Square
Add-on - Wood Frame for Prints Action Set 7031829 by Magh @ GraphicRiver
Script & Plugin \ Add-on \ Photoshop \ Actions
The Wood Frame Action for Prints set for Photoshop is a collection of 18 individual actions that create a detailed mitered wood frame and its corresponding mat boards to enhance the look of a HIGH RESOLUTION painting, photograph or any other digital file (just in the way that many professional photographic studios and custom framing shops do around the world).
There are two unique features of this Action set.
1) This Photoshop actions are designed to work with high resolution files. Your image must be cropped to any of the dimensions that are required: 4×6, 5×7, 8×10 or 11×14 inches at 300 dpi. You can also use square images: 4×4, 6×6 or 8×8 inches at 300 dpi.
2) The action will optically center your image within the frame with ample space provided by the white mat board. Your image is isolated from its surroundings in a professional way (see about optically centering below).
This set has been carefully created with the purpose of improving the look and presentation of your digital work. Inspired by the way modern museums and galleries display artwork, the Wood Frame Action set is extremely simple to use and achieves beautiful, professional results.
- To be used with Photoshop CS and higher
- The action works with any 8-bit image if the image has one of the required sizes as described above.
- Texturized mat boards and detailed wood grain provides a realistic look
- Unlimited color available for mat boards
- There are 18 individual actions included in this set + one bonus action that allow you to change individually (if you desire) the color of the wood frames. Be sure to check the extra screenshoots!
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE.
- Best suited for print applications. Small images can be used but the action will produce a very large mat board and frame
- Uses Photoshop’s filters that will not work in 16-bit images (ie some RAW files).. To use, your image must be 8-bit.
- If you need a similar action for web applications please my action “REALISTIC WOOD FRAME”.
SIMPLE TO USE.
1) Open your image in Photoshop. Be sure your image matches one of the following sizes at 300 dpi: 4×6, 5×7, 8×10 or 11×14 inches. Square images should be 4×4, 6×6 or 8×8 inches at 300 dpi.
2) Select color for the mat board.
FOREGROUND COLOR = INTERIOR MAT BOARD COLOR
BACKGROUND COLOR = NOT USED, WILL BE IGNORED
3) Select corresponding action from the Actions Palette, please note how the actions are named: first (left) size is the size of your digital file, cropped and with a resolution of 300 dpi. After the “->” is the size of the frame created by the action. Some items may have a choice for narrow or wide frames. Be sure to choose the orientation of your image (vertical or horizontal). With square images centering is going to be vertical.
4) Play action.
WHAT IS OPTICAL CENTERING?
Often times when mounting an image to a mat board, you may hear that a print needs to have extra space along the bottom to avoid the image from appearing to fall down. When the image is correctly placed on your board using this principle it is said that the image is optically centered. The problem is how to calculate the extra space… too much or too little space and the image will look poorly mounted.
The process of calculating this very specific space has been discussed many times on the internet. I have found that the best way is to use the following mathematical formula.
( W + w ) ( H – h ) / 4W = D
W = Width of mat board, w = width of image
H = Height of mat board, h = height of image and
D = distance between top of mat board and top of image.
With the previous formula (and a large Excel file!), the Photoshop actions that you have purchased calculate the optimum space to achieve a perfect optically centered image.
I have done the hard work for you, so just be sure that your original image is one of the standard sizes (at 300 dpi)
and run the corresponding action.
Action will work only on 8-bit depth images.
Large files are processed. To speed a little bit the process, please start the Action and then click your Desktop or other window so Photoshop is not active.
If you get an error alert while running the action: try to slow down the speed of the action by opening the menu located in the top-right corner of the Actions Palette, then select Playback Options, then select step by step… or click stop and then click the play button in the actions palette again.
Add-on Files Included: Photoshop ATN; Works With: JPG; Minimum Adobe CS Version: CS.
Kaleidoscopic Floral Tiled Backgrounds; Shadow Box Wood Frame Actions; Realistic Wood Frame Actions.
Keywords: action, actions, add-on, effect, enhance, frame, framing, grain, mat board, optically centered, photoshop, presentation, print, square, wood, wood frame.