CodeCanyon Category Featured Image 4597815
Plugin \ Utilities
Featured \ Category \ Plugin \ Thumbnail \ Images \ Generate \ Generation \ Select
Plugin - Category Featured Image 4597815 by sanisoft @ CodeCanyon
Plugin \ Utilities
Category Featured Image is a plugin to generate Featured Image (AKA Post Thumbnail) on the basis of first category of your post. It provides flexibility to choose different image for each category of your blog. If the post already has a featured image it is not removed. This is perfect for magazine and news sites where you have topics on per category basis
Post Thumbnails is a theme feature introduced with Version 2.9 of Wordpress. It was quickly changed to Featured Images with Version 3.0. Post Thumbnail, now Featured Image, is an image that is chosen as the representative image for Posts. The display of this image is up to the theme. Most Modern themes now use featured images in a variety of ways.
Also check out Auto Post Thumbnail PRO Our plugin which creates featured images from the first image in the post or the first attached image. It also creates featured images from Videos
- Select different Featured Image for each category
- Generate thumbnails from external images
- Setting to skip auto thumbnail generation right on the Post edit page
- Generate featured images for old/legacy posts in any category via a single click
- Log providing detail of Success/Failure of Thumbnail generation
- Delete (De-link) featured images created by this plugin or all of them
- Plays well with Auto Post Thumbnail PRO plugin and allows to set precedence for Category Featured Image
- Fully translatable, default.po has been provided
- Well supported with free updates
Once you have downloaded the zip file from Code Canyon extract the contents to a folder of your choice. Chances are if you are reading this you have already done that. Find the file called category-featured-image.zip . This is the plugin file. You can upload this file from your Wordpress Admin
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Select Upload
- Upload the category-featured-image.zip file
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Settings > Category Featured Image
- Set the options as per your liking
Alternatively you can manually install the plugin by following the instructions given here .
- Set an external URL or choose one from media manager as default category featured image for each or desired categories
- Incase Auto Post Thumbnail PRO is installed and active, a checkbox ‘Precede Auto Post Thumbnail’ will appear. If you want ‘Category Featured Image’ to take priority over ‘Auto Post Thumbnail Pro’ check checkbox and click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- Click on ‘Generate Thumbnails’ button to generate featured images for your published posts which don’t have any featured image already set
- Log containing Success/Failure report of thumbnail generation will populate below Progress bar
While adding or editing a post you can set or unset a the setting to skip automatic thumbnail generation
Sources and Credits
- jQuery UI’s progress bar
- SheepIt! Form cloning jQuery plugin
Changelog – top
- Added Log for batch thumbnail generation, most helpful to see problem post
- 3 levels of loggin
- Added ability to select which custom post types will be processed by the plugin – no more messing with the code
- Added ability to un link featured images created by the plugin or all the featured images
- Several stability improvements
- Initial release
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this plugin. As I said at the beginning, I’d be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this plugin. No guarantees, but I’ll do my best to assist. If you have a more general question relating to the plugins on CodeCanyon, you might consider visiting the forums and asking your question in the “Item Discussion” section.
Tarique Sani, SANIsoft
Image Notes for WordPress; Auto Post Thumbnail PRO; Auto Date as Title.
Keywords: category image, featured image, image utility, magazine, post thumbnail.